You are here : Home > Careers and Employment > SCUIO careers service > Mission statement
L'Espace Etudiants Emplois Entreprises de l'UPS (UPS Student Space for Jobs and Businesses) aims to:
support students and sixth-form pupils in building their future lives by assisting with their study plans and future career choices
- through information on courses in higher education, professions, the employment market and companies,
- through help in study and career choices,
- through help in finding employment.
These have been our goals since decree 86-195 of 6 February 1986 and were reinforced in 2007 by the law on University Freedoms and Responsibilities (Law no. 2007-1199 of 10 August 2007).
At UPS, the current team of professionals at the service develops activities and tools to create a connection between university courses and companies' needs and to enable each student to build his or her future career.
- Find out about how companies are organised and how they operate to make connections between what you have learnt in a discipline and the necessary skills for a profession,
- Find out about the economic business sectors to identify the places where the know-how and technical knowledge learnt at university are applied and to determine your potential job market.
- Get to know yourself better, do a self-assessment to reveal your motivations and desires, to assess your potential, abilities and life skills,
- Put these to the test up against the reality of professional and employment market requirements and develop your personal plan,
- Then get organised to search for a work placement or job, put together an argument, choose a strategy and approach companies.
At each of these stages, you will be able to work autonomously in the reading room, attend a workshop, meeting or make an appointment.
Last updated October 24, 2011
Université Toulouse III - Paul Sabatier - 118 route de Narbonne 31062 TOULOUSE CEDEX 9 téléphone +33 (0)5 61 55 66 11