University of Toulouse Université Toulouse III - Paul Sabatier

Press Annuaire Advanced search
19 janv.

You are here : Home > International > Studying at UPS

Studying at UPS

You wish to come and study here under the ERASMUS programme

You need to contact the Erasmus coordinator for your subject.
List of ERASMUS coordinators
list of UPS courses 2016-2021
Application form 2018/2019

You are arriving at the start of a European exchange programme (ERASMUS, ERASMUS MUNDUS).

As soon as you arrive you should report to the Europe Desk to register.

You will then need to complete the registration process; you will need to provide the following documents:
   -5 passport photos
   -Identity card or passport
   -Student card from your home university
   -Exchange programme personal contract
   -Insurance statement:
- Students from countries where an agreement exists with French Social Security: European Health Insurance card and personal civil liability insurance statement.
- Students from other countries: provide health and civil liability insurance statements, without which you will need to pay a contribution to French Social Security at the student rate (around 200 Euros).

Student visa requests for non-EU ERASMUS students

The request should be made several weeks before your arrival in France at a French consulate or CEF (centre for study in France), depending on the country. The D visa is required for all stays in excess of 3 months. With it you will be able to obtain your French student residence permit (carte de séjour étudiant) as soon as you arrive.

You are a European student arriving as a Freemover.

Candidates resident in an EU country or one without the CEF procedure must without fail pre-register between 15 March and 30 April. Their completed application must be submitted before 4 May .
Any candidate failing to pre-register on the website, or whose application is incomplete, will not be considered.
Full registration takes place between Wednesday 1st September and Thursday 30th September.

Learning French at UPS.

Université Paul Sabatier is a scientific and medical establishment; it does not deliver courses in French language or culture.

Before undertaking studies at UPS it is essential that you have a good level of written and spoken French.

It is strongly recommended that you assess the standard of your French several months before your departure.

The French Embassy in your country will provide you with addresses for teaching establishments that provide lessons in French as a Foreign Language (FLE) in your city or region (Alliances françaises, French cultural centres, etc.).  You can receive lessons and be examined for internationally recognised French diplomas (TCF, DELF, DALF, TEF).

French as a Foreign Language lessons at UPS.

Exchange programme students can take French courses during the University year. Make contact with the Europe Desk to register for the appropriate group.


Finding accommodation in Toulouse is not easy. You need to make preparations several months before arrival.

Demand for rooms exceeds supply and there are long waiting lists; we therefore recommend that you consult the list below of private accommodation offered in Toulouse and make your own arrangements for accommodation.
Private accommodation in Toulouse.
For University halls of residence, accommodation requests for the 1st semester must be submitted no later that 30 April.
Requests for extensions must be submitted before 2 April.
Room reservation form.

Looking for an accommodation ? Use our onligne housing platform, in partnership with Studapart.

You will find hundreds of accommodation offers from private landlords, student residences and real estate agencies, from individual studios to shared apartments.

Book your accommodation online and enjoy the Studapart guarantee ! A multilingual support team is available 6/7 to answer your questions.


 Log into the platform by clicking on “Tenant space” and use your school’s login credentials or your personal email address to register.

Student without a French guarantor ? Our partner Studapart stands surety for you and guarantees you rent.

In most cases, student residences or landlords will ask you to provide a guarantor for your rent in France. A guarantor brings financial security to reassure your landlord. Its incomes have to be domicilied in France.

You can subscribe the Studapart Guarantee directly on the platform and use it to find an accomodation on the Studapart platform, on other ad sites or with direct housing rental companies.

Last updated June 13, 2019

Incoming Erasmus

Forum Louis Lareng, 1st Floor, Office 160
Tel: +33(0)5 61 55 62 40

Mobility outside Europe, TASSEP and BCI programs

Tel : +33(0)5 61 55 66 24

University Brochure

Download the Université Paul Sabatier brochure:
UPS brochure


For ERASMUS students who have completed a ERASMUS stay and wish to meet European students and who want to get involved in the European students' association...
Bureau Europe (Europe Office)
Office 176
Forum Louis Lareng, 1st floor.

Université Toulouse III - Paul Sabatier - 118 route de Narbonne 31062 TOULOUSE CEDEX 9 téléphone +33 (0)5 61 55 66 11